Monday 12 March 2012

So much to read, so little time

As expected, I'm behind on my uni reading list for the semester. I don't know if I've met anyone at uni (other than the lecturers of course) who has been able to keep up with the mass of reading we have to do. Considering I have pretty much no social life right now, I'm not even sure if it's possible to keep up with all the work we have to do.

So, to emphasise my immense work load here's my current reading list (excluding the books I've already read because I have read a few, the books I want to read for pleasure and the books from one of my modules which I'm still contemplating on dropping)

My current reading list:
  1. Emma by Jane Austen
  2. Persuasion by Jane Austen
  3. Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
  4. Maria, or The Wrongs of Woman by Mary Wollstonecraft
  5. A Sicilian Romance by Anne Radcliffe
  6. Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde by Robert Louis Stevenson
  7. The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins
  8. Silas Marner by George Eliot
  9. Wessex Tales by Thomas Hardy
  10. Dracula by Bram Stoker
  11. The Time Machine by H. G. Wells
  12. The Lady of Shalott by Alfred Tennyson
  13. Lady Audley's Secret by Mary Elizabeth Braddon
  14. Mary Barton by Elizabeth Gaskell
  15. Confessions of an English Opium Eater by Thomas De Quincey
The books in italics are low priority right now, but I guess we'll see how much I can get through within the next two months! If you're following me on Goodreads, you'll know I've started quite a few of these: I'm "currently reading" 13 books! At this point, I think I'm going to have to take a break from all other books. Which means less book reviews (not that I write an abundance of book reviews anyway) in the next few months to come. On the plus side, I've got some book events lined up which should make for more interesting blogging!

So if I haven't successfully gained your sympathy already, consider the fact that I'm also studying Latin on the side of all of this! Although I excel under short term pressure, the work and reading is really starting to take it's toll on me. I can't help but wonder what my third and final year will be like if this is just second year!