Saturday 7 April 2012

Updates: Book Review Hiatus

As you may have realised, I have a ton of stuff to read right now so I'm extremely busy with reading. Not only that, I also have revision to do for each of these books in preparation for my exams this year. It's a lot of work and due to personal issues I'm having trouble concentrating as it is. As a result, I'm taking an offical book review hiatus until May/June once my exams are over with and I've had time to breathe and sleep off all the late nights. Reviewing takes me a pretty long time to do (a few hours) because I only review books I have a lot to say about, so it only seems natural that I stop for now.

I'm going to queue as many other posts as I can in between now and then. It seems odd that I intend to continue blogging about other things anyway, but blogging does in fact help to concentrate on my writing. I also find that it helps me to de-stress so there will be a bunch of smaller posts to come.

I originally wrote this blog post in regards to Book Review Requests and what it means for this blog but I feel like since that was aimed more towards the reader, it's time to write something aimed towards anyone requesting a review. So now this page exists which I hope potentional author's with Book Review Requests will read before emailing me as it will get updated regularly.

In slightly more positive news, I finally decided to take the plunge and buy and register DTW as a domain! Hooray for being a .com website :)

Beware the barrenness of a busy life. - Socrates

I am reasonably happy, providing I keep busy. - Burt Sancaster